I used to make this recipe a good bit some years back, and I forgot about it for awhile. My husband’s favorite foods are wings and pizza, so making this for him should have been a no-brainer. But you have to hold out some of your tricks til later, amIright? When I got some pizza dough at the farmer’s market, I knew immediately what I would make. And it was deeelicious. Perfect Friday night dinner date with a movie. My husband turned to me and said, “I have the best wife EVER.” Is there a better compliment than that?
Buffalo Chicken Pizza – found on Food Network
- 3/4 pound chicken breast cutlets
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning, (recommended: McCormick Montreal Seasoning) eyeball it
- 1 pizza dough, store bought or from your favorite pizzeria. If you want to make your own dough, here is a very easy recipe. http://gottalittlespacetofill.blogspot.com/2009/09/roasted-garlic-pizza.html
- Cornmeal or flour, to handle dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it (optional)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot sauce, medium to spicy heat
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup favorite shredded cheese, a few generous handfuls – I used a mix from Trader Joe’s of mozz, monterey jack, and cheddar
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles (if you aren’t a fan – gasp – feta goes very well in this recipe, too)
- 3 green onions
- 2 stalks of celery
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Preheat grill pan to high. Place chicken on a plate and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over the chicken then season with grill seasoning. When grill is hot, add chicken and cook about 3 minutes on each side.
Stretch dough to form pizza using cornmeal or flour to help you handle it. Set pizza on pizza pan or baking sheet.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and stir in Worcestershire (optional), hot sauce, and tomato sauce. Taste and add more hot sauce if you want it spicier.
Remove the chicken from grill and thinly slice it. Also, slice up your green onion and celery, keeping them separate.
Cover the pizza dough with the sauce, then the sliced chicken, then the cheeses, and, finally, the green onions.
Bake 18 minutes or until crisp.
After removing the pizza from the oven, top with the sliced celery!! Enjoy!